Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Celebrating Mother's Day


Everyone everywhere is getting ready to celebrate Mother’s Day!

    Today our preschool center celebrated Mother's Day a few days early and held our Mother’s Day Coffee & Concert this afternoon!
    The munchkins have been working all week on their special gifts for their mom and I was surprised that they even napped today because they were so excited about the "concert".

    Being a Pinterest addict, I turned there to find some new and cute ideas for them to make. I came across this cute vase at Kaboose made from a Styrofoam cup and had the munchins add some pipe cleaner flowers!

Simple Vase
  • Styrofoam cups
  •  Different colors of acrylic paint      
  • Plastic gems/ craft buttons
  • Colored tissue paper
  •  Craft glue
Then I found this project
on Share & Remember blog and fell in love with it!
  
Here is the poem I used:
 I'm your little flower, Mom.
Please help me grow and bloom:
Take the weeds but leave the roots
And give me lots of room.

Mom, you are my gardener,
My sunshine and my rain.
Too much will make me wither.
With enough, I'll bloom again.

I am your little flower, Mom.
I'm different from the rest:
Don't pick me Mom, just help me grow
To be my very best.


   We sang “Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee” and another song called          “M-O-M-M-Y” (song lyrics below)

I love her and she loves me 
And Mommy is her name-o
M-0-M-M-Y
M-O-M-M-Y
M-O-M-M-Y
And Mommy is her name-o!
       
   Each classroom held their own "concert" and after the songs and applause from beaming moms (who recorded all 4 minutes of it on their cell phone cameras), each child took their gifts to their moms and took a picture together.


Cute crafts, cute songs by little munchkins and happy moms
what else can I ask for? 


No comments:

Post a Comment