Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cc is for Caterpillar !


   This morning after breakfast, my little munchkin and I logged onto the computer to check out Online Story Time by Barnes & Noble.
   We have been discussing caterpillars since last week and we were both excited to listen to Eric Carle read the story The Very Hungry Caterpillar!

   And we listened to the story4 times!

   In order to try to lure her away from the computer, I brought out her copy of the book and my storytelling props that I have had in my teacher stash for quite a few years.





  

  

   As I read the story, she used the book and props to retell the storyand then she wanted to go back online to hear the story again! She shocked me when she went and grabbed each prop as Eric Carle was reading the story! Smart girl! And she proceeded to put the story back in order as the story went on. I loved it! =)


   We also did some more work with the letter Cc- AFTER I enjoyed some Teacher Appreciation blog hopping fun!
   I found an awesome Letter Land Alphabet Pack from Live Love Laugh Kindergarten on sale today at Teachers Pay Teachers and I had to have it!
    My little munchkin worked on the Letter Cc Search activity I pulled out of the pack for her (I can't wait to use this pack in my classroom)










   Since we were on the letter Cc, I remembered a Letter craft I had seen somewhere in Pinterest, so I cut out some circles and drew the letter C on a big green construction paper and had her glue the circles onto the letter C to make a caterpillar.
He looks like a Very Grumpy caterpillar, doesn’t he? LOL

    Another activity I pulled out (Caterpillar Sizing Game) came from The Very Hungry Caterpillar packet from 1+1+1=1.








   We had quite a busy morning, filled with Caterpillar and Letter Cc fun!
   
Now back to my preschool munchkins tomorrow to embark on some Insect Fun!  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I'm your newest follower! The Very Hungry Caterpillar is one of my favorite books! I love reading it every year.

    ReplyDelete