Saturday, February 15, 2014

Yummy Chocolate Playdoh for some Valentine's Day Sensory Fun!

  Yesterday was such a busy day.... a few hours at work, my little munchkin's Valentine's Day party at school and then the mad rush to get her to take a nap before the sitter came for a few hours!
   So I hope that everyone had a nice day yesterday...

    I was really hoping to have time to get a Freebie together for all of you but the week went by so quickly. I am now working on, not one-- but TWO Freebies for next Friday! 
      So, I don't go over the top when celebrating Valentine's Day, but my husband and I did do a small gift exchange.
     He brought home some delicious cupcakes from my favorite Cupcakery....AND he brought my two favorite flavors: Red Velvet and Peanut Butter Lover... YUM!
    And he received some sweets from me.
    
     And then our sitter came over for a few hours so we could go out to eat at a Greek restaurant that I have been dying to check out. 
    All in all, it was a busy day with the little one and a nice, low key evening with my love, especially since I haven't been feeling well...it was exactly what I needed.
    Oh, and I made some great chocolate playdoh for the munchkin earlier this week and left it out for her to explore last night while we went out to dinner. I threw in some cookie cutters and two Valentine Heart candy boxes, for some added fun. The texture came out really good! And it smells awesome!
    I used the recipe from Beth over at  123 Homeschool 4 Me
    Here is what I used:
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 cup salt
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 tbsp cream of tartar
  The sitter said they had a fun time, making different shaped hearts and smelling the playdoh! I plan to keep it out on her tray for the rest of the month because she loves playdoh!
   It is a great hands on sensory experience and once I toss some scissors and other playdoh tools on the tray, she will be getting some fine motor practice as well!
   So, what are you waiting for? You know you want to go make some!  It's a simple recipe that will provide hours of fun!

2 comments:

  1. I like your idea of putting the empty chocolates box with the play dough, brilliant way to use something you would throw away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed the idea on pinterest. =) I had used this idea of keeping the candy containers in the housekeeping area for play and this time used them on the playdoh tray.

      Delete