Thursday, February 20, 2014

Gumball Craze!

   So, after my oh-so-cute Gumball Machine craft on Tuesday, I was inspired to make and create some fun learning activities with a gumball theme.  Because, well...Gumballs are so much fun!
   Ever notice how you can never say "no" to a gumball? Even though you know that 5 seconds after you feel that sugary ooze in your mouth, the gum will lose its flavor? And then you will be reaching for another one? OR is that just me? --- Umm, ok...maybe it's just me!  I can't ever seem to resist popping a gumball in my mouth!
   Anyhow, I pinned and brainstormed tons of learning activities that would be great with a gumball theme. But of course, I can't do it all, right? So, here are a few things we have worked on so far this week.
   First, we worked with some simple math skills.
   Counting:
    She worked on her counting skills with these Gumball Counting Mats that I created with this cute clip art from Ashley Hughes.
After watching her work with the mats, I realized how versatile I can make them. I thought of ways to use this same mat for literacy activities as well, which I will share soon.
( These mats will also be one of the two freebies I will have for you tomorrow for Freebie Friday!)
Patterns:
    She also worked on patterning with pink and purple pom poms and an ice cube tray. She is awesome at AB patterns but still needs a little more work with AAB patterns, but she will get there!
She has a few other fun math activities that she has yet to explore.
Sight Words:
    We squeezed in some Sight Word work, with her latest set of sight words from school. (Check out her super outrageously long last name!)   Hahaha!!
    Anyhow, I am making this post short and sweet today... 
    I need to get out of the Blogging Mode for the night and jump into Birthday Party Planning Mode.... the little munchkin's 5th  birthday is right around the corner and I have lots to do!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks... stop by tomorrow and pick them up on Freebie Friday!! There are so many different ways to use them. I will post other ideas tomorrow as well!

      Delete