Monday, June 24, 2013

Sweet Sight Word Reading!

   The little munchkin and I have been having a SWEET time with our latest snack unit!
   Since the little one is obsessed with books and in my mind, she is showing some signs of being somewhat ready to read, so I decided to give Sight Words a shot.  First I made VERY simple sight word sentences, using the sight word “the” and had her practice reading each sentence and finding the matching picture.

   I also recently purchased the Read To Read, Level 1 Unit 1 from Annie over at  The Moffat Girls.  It is a great packet that I know I am going to get alot of use out of this summer!
   I pulled out the sheet with “the” on it and she painted it with watercolors.
   Then I decided to create something new and different for my TPT store. So I created fun mini books using the sight words “the” and “a”.  I wanted to create 2 different kinds of sets; one focused on reading the sight word and the other focused on spelling the sight word.

   This is one of my first two attempts to create some kind of mini book and I am pretty satisfied with  the way it came out! Maybe in the future I can go a step further and create some kind of bundle set. Who knows?
   Anyhow, here she is reading the mini book and then working on the Sight Word Cut & Paste mini book.
    They seemed to be a hit with her and she was very excited to “read” the books to daddy when he got home from work!

    Stop by my TPT store today or click on the pictures below to have some SWEET fun learning with these Sight Word Mini Books!

  

    Tomorrow I will share the learning fun that the little munchkin and I began today as we talked about the YUMMY snack that starts with the Letter Ii... Ice Cream!
   And later this week I will also be taking part in the Virtual Book Club Summer Camp (Week #1) as we learn about Insects!

No comments:

Post a Comment