Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Summer Vacation is here! YAY!!! So...Salt and Soup anyone??

   Yay!! Summer Vacation has officially begun! FINALLY! 
   I said it many times and I will say it again- This year is Year #9 for me and has by far, been the most challenging year for me! Thankfully I had a great team and director to help me get through the year. And I think this vacation is a very well earned and deserved one! I intend to enjoy it to the fullest! 
   My plans are to relax and as much as I want to start my planning for next year, I am going to try and resist the temptation and wait until after our Disney World vacation in July! The only work I plan to do is the fun learning stuff with my little one, while trying to keep my teenage son from being bored all summer!
   The little munchkin and I have been learning about the letters, Gg, Ff, Rr and we still had some work to do with letter Ss.
   We experimented with salt painting and did she love it!
   The look on her face as she watched the watercolor spread as she dripped paint on the salt is priceless. 
The whole painting process occupied about 20 minutes of her time!
Can you find the letters G, Z and S that she made??
    I purchased this Scrabble Soup game on Amazon last summer but it wasn’t until recently that the little munchkin became interested in learning letters. I was going to do an ABC Soup Scoop game with her, but I pulled out this game instead.
   First we just scooped letters and identified them. 
   Then we attempted to play the actual Scrabble game. She was amused for the first few turns and then just wanted to scoop letters and play with it; so she did.

  Tomorrow we will be wrapping up the Gardening Theme and move on quickly because we have to get ready to dive into our Virtual Book Club Summer Camp, hosted by Toddler Approved, Rainy Day Mum and The Educator’s Spin On It!
   It begins on Monday, June 24th and we are very excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment