Monday, March 4, 2013

Not a happy Monday...but Dr. Seuss fun always makes me feel better!!

   Wow, what a start to the week.  Makes me feel that this is just  going to be a very LONG week!
   I think this is going to be my mantra all week:
   Today really made me wonder what parents these days are really teaching their kids and wonder what kinds of things parents and other family members say and do around these little kids! It makes me sad, really. 
   I have a few kiddos who are so disrespectful, it makes me sick. All I can say is “wow”. But when I lay down the law- and tell them my exact expectations for their current behavior-(in a very harsh tone), I find that some respond to it and start making better choices.
    I know as a preschool teacher we have to state our expectations explicitly (and repeatedly) but how much of MY job is it to teach the kiddos respect and how to determine right from wrong choices?? ESPECIALLY when these things are not reinforced at home! 
   Here are my EXACT thoughts on this:
   
   Anyway, I have had a long Monday… here’s hoping to a better Tuesday!
   On a much lighter note, here are a few more Dr. Seuss activities that we did last week in honor of Dr. Seuss.
   We read the book “One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish” and followed it up with an art activity!
   This is one that was all over Pinterest and we wanted to do it!
   We had some kids who only wanted one color fish and some who wanted two different colored fish!

   We had a brave parent come in to read “Fox in Socks” and then each munchkin decorated their own felt sock, using only fabric paint!
Here are the Socks we made for Mr. Socks!


   Maybe today was just a funky day. Maybe I am just in a funk. Maybe I am sick of winter and I am ready for Spring… I don’t know!  
   All I know is that today is over and I am ready to hit the bed and wake up with a refreshed attitude for tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. I hope tomorrow goes better! Your Seuss projects are so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs!
    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I think I am just ready for spring break!! I have hit a wall =(

      Delete
  2. I'm in a funk, too! I need warm weather!
    Hang in there- your activities are so cute!

    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I thrive in warm weather!! Winter can be so BLAH!

      Delete
  3. I love your fox in socks! :) I tried to read that book today and it was not working for me, too much in a Monday funk! I hope your week gets better beautiful!

    ~Jessica
    Fun in PreK-1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I actually LOVE that book! It's so much fun to read and jumble the words... and then watch the kids crack up! =)

      Delete