Sunday, February 10, 2013

Cute & Simple Valentine's Day Crafts for Munchkins!


   Before I end this weekend (which went toooo quick), I wanted to share with you some cute crafts my little one has made in the past few days! Then I need to get back to watching the Grammys!
   With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I wanted to get some cute homemade décor around my house!
   So, I put my little munchkin to work!
   With the help of Pinterest and a trip to Michaels and AC Moore, I found 3 very cute and very simple crafts!
Button Heart Art:
This project is self explanatory. I just drew a heart on the white paper and had her glue different types of red buttons inside. Throw in a picture frame and some scrapbooking stickers and you have cute décor for your end table!
Heart Painting
She liked the canvas painting from a couple of weeks ago, so I had her make a Valentine Painting.
We used an 8x8 canvas, a few different heart foam stickers and her choice- pink acrylic paint!
She picked the hearts she wanted and placed them how she wanted on the canvas. 
Then she painted the entire canvas.
  Just before it was completely dry, I peeled off the stickers (very slowly), and here it is:
Glitter Heart Doilies
The last project we worked on required a simple frame (I picked one up at Dollar Tree),  a sheet of white cardstock paper, glitter, heart doilies and pink, red and purple acrylic paints.
    I would never think to use acrylic paints as a finger paint - but for this project I did!
   She mixed the colors and as she finger painted I sprinkled on some glitter. 
   Once it dried, we used modge podge to put on the heart doilies. And then placed it in a frame! It looks SO awesome!
   There you go! Three simple and yet very cute Valentine’s Day crafts! 
    IF I were able to celebrate Valentine's Day in the classroom, I would absolutely do these with my preschoolers! (Maybe I can sneak them in somehow in this week's lesson plans!)
   Now to get back to the Grammy Awards and then MAYBE lesson plans

3 comments:

  1. Love all these Valentine's Day activities! Thanks for sharing!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...just wish I had free reign to celebrate Valentine's Day at my school b/c I have so many fun ideas! I just have to save them for my little one to do at home!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your art ideas Sara! I wish I had more of a free reign too. Speaking of Valentines, hop over for my flash giveaway! :)

    ~Jessica
    Fun in PreK-1

    ReplyDelete