- You can hear 20 voices behind you and know exactly which one belongs to the child out of line.
- You get a secret thrill out of laminating something.
- You walk into a store and hear the words "It's Ms/Mr._______" and know you have been spotted.
- You have 20 people that accidentally call you Mom/Dad at one time or another.
- You can eat a multi-course meal in under twenty minutes.
- You've trained yourself to go to the bathroom at two distinct times of the day: lunch and planning period.
- You start saving other people's trash, because most likely, you can use that toilet paper tube or plastic butter tub for something in the classroom.
- You can tell if it's a full moon without ever looking outside.
- You believe that unspeakable evils will befall you if anyone says "Boy, the kids sure are mellow today."
- You spend more money on school stuff than you do on your own needs.
- You can't pass the school supply aisle without getting at least five items.
- You find true beauty in a can of perfectly sharpened pencils.
- You are secretly addicted to hand sanitizer.
- You dig in your pocket for change and pull out beads, legos and a marble.
- You announce to everyone in the room "I need to go potty" before leaving to use the bathroom.
- You can be found in the children’s section of any bookshop.
- You only buy your own children toys that match your teaching themes at preschool.
- You have more picture books than other more ‘adult’ books.
- “How sad!” is what comes out of your mouth even though you are thinking “Stop it, you little bonehead!”
Sunday, March 11, 2012
You Know You Are A Preschool Teacher When:
(Taken from Scholastic, with a few other additions) ENJOY!!