Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Prepping Our Work & Play Space for Summer Learning Fun!

   The past few days, I have spent some time reorganizing the little munchkin's play & work space.
   I bought new storage shelves for some colorful learning bins, which I purchased from Lakeshore Learning. There is also a basket of Sight Word books and a clipboard with letter & number tracing sheets--both activities that she can try to do independently.
   To help keep things somewhat organized, I labeled the colored bins with a subject (in each one, there are 3 different learning activities) and I plan to switch out activities as she goes along. Then I put some of her toys on the shelves as well.
   Our other shelf area holds her learning trays, puzzles, games, toys and art stuff (this was one area I didn't change up much).
   One thing that I added was a Just Color! tray, which was an idea I found at 1+1+1=1, a homeschooling blog. (There is also lots of themed coloring pages on this blog as well.) I printed out some coloring sheets for her to color at her leisure, along with drawing paper, markers and her ultimate crayon set.
   And then of course, there is her Reading Corner... where our kitty, Brooklyn, likes to snooze!
My little munchkin is geared up and ready to have some (indoor) fun playing and learning this summer!
       Are you planning on some summer learning fun for your kiddos? 
What are some fun ideas that you have planned?

No comments:

Post a Comment