Saturday, July 14, 2012

Colorful Fish Art !


    So, earlier in the week we stopped at Michaels to grab a few things to have an Art day dedicated to... guess??  FISH !
    But FIRST... I am so excited to share my Garage Sale finds!! I try to check out garage sales whenever I can but so far this summer, I haven’t done it too much. While I was checking out some stuff online about New York Teacher Certification, I came across an ad for a small child care program that was closing and first thing this morning, my little mucnchkin and I were out the door!
    One hour and $8.00 later, we came home with a Fishing Game, A Duck, Duck Goose card game, 8 books, 2 Sesame Street puzzles, 2 My Little Pony stuffed animals and 1 Unicorn doll!
The favorite of the day was the “Let’s Go Fishing Game”  =)
Perfect game for our Fish Theme!
    I often try to link a book with an extension activity that is either an art activity or a writing activity. Since it was Art Day, I opted for some fun and colorful art activities after we read “Rainbow Fish” by Marcus Pfister. There are so many different art activities that anyone can do with this book! TONS can be found on Pinterest alone!
    Here are the 2 art activities that we did:
    We made a Rainbow Fish with a CD disc and some plastic gems.      (This one I found on Pinterest) 
    And then I grabbed some colorful tissue from my art supply box and instead of using aluminum foil, I found some metallic tissue paper in my Christmas box! I cut all the tissue into squares and then cut a piece of cardboard into a fish shape. The little munchkin then used a paintbrush to spread glue onto the fish shape and we both covered up the entire shape with the tissue paper. (This one is an activity I do almost every year with my preschool munchkins)
Wa-La!  Rainbow Fish again!  =)
    And what is an Art day without paint?! Here is the fish we made using her handprint and some colored circle stickers, as bubbles.
    We ended our Art day by reading the book “Swimmy” by Leo Lionni, (one of my favorite Fish books) and then we ate a little Swimmy snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment