Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Fall Has Arrived!

    Well, it is finally Fall out here in Northern California! It arrived right when they said it would... in November! This year is predicted to be an El Niño year and lots of rain is expected this winter. We shall see... I will take rain over snow any day! For now, I will enjoy my November, filled with chilly mornings and weather in the 60s and be grateful that I do not have to even think about dealing with snow!  =)
    Things have been busy on the school front, as usual, and time is going by just way too fast! Am I the only one that feels this way?? I feel like we are doing so much that I can't wrap my head around it, let alone try to keep up with writing blog posts about everything.
     Recently, we learned how to say the name and color of pumpkins in Spanish. 
We also learned all about the La Vida De La Calabaza and created a mini book!
They created their own calabazas (jack o' lanterns, really, but who cares?) They are cute! 
And the kids really love the independent art actvities that I put out for work time. 
There seems to always a line at the Art Table!
And I kept a few pumpkin themed math activities out on the shelves through last week:
Roll & Cover:
 Counting Pumpkins:
    With Thanksgiving right around the corner, things are likely to get crazy hectic. The past few weeks, I have found that I feel frazzled and can't seem to get organized with my afternoon literacy lessons and activities. I really need to get on that because the literacy activities that I have done with my small afternoon group have been a hit and they are ready to learn more and keep moving forward.     We have the week of Thanksgiving off and I intend to use that time to get organized and keep those munchkins focused during what is always the craziest time for teachers... Christmas! Anyone counting the days yet?  I sure am not... because at this rate, I know it will be here in the blink of an eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment